Parents will be able to access 4th quarter report cards online and print them directly from Progress Book after June 5. If a student owes school, lunch, fundraiser, or library fees, parents will be able to view the report card online, but the printing capability will be disabled.
Parents need a Progress Book account in order to view and print student report cards. If you don't already have a Parent Progress Book account, you will need to create one for your student. In order to create an account, parents need a a registration key for their student. Mrs. Doty sent out registration keys to parents who needed a key via email on May 29. A registration key can be also be requested using the link below.
Students may log in to their student progressbook account using the "sign in with Google" button.
New student orientation has been moved to Friday, August 21st. Orientation will not be held in person, but rather as a virtual orientation. More information will be posted shortly with details on how to participate. If you have questions, please contact Vicki Ludwig, School Counselor, at 330-722-8257 ext. 4144.
Please see the latest information from Mrs. Kochanek regarding the upcoming schedule and device pick-up for Buckeye Primary School.
Below you will find the link which will enable you to access lessons and assignments for your child to complete beginning the week of March 30th. Please remember to check our website often for updates. We look forward to seeing everyone when our school reopens.
News of the coronavirus (COVID-19) is everywhere and many parents are wondering how to discuss this with their children. Hearing the information from you is an opportunity to help your child feel informed without frightening them. The below parent resources offer helpful information to give you guidelines for appropriate conversations with your child:
Parents/Guardians, please see this informational letter from our Counselors for those students that are currently receiving support services.
We cannot accept opened boxes of pretzels that are returned.
Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the elementary school yearbooks for the 2019-2020 school year will not be delivered until the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year.
For those parents that already paid for this field trip, please know that the $7 will be credited to your child's school fees for the 2020-2021 school year.
Colds, flu, fever and other contagious diseases are a serious issue in a school environment because they can spread so rapidly. Parents, please keep your child home if they have a fever or are showing symptoms of an illness. A child needs to be fever, diarrhea and vomit free for 24 hours before they can return to school. Also, if they have tested positive for strep, they need to be on antibiotics for a full 24 hours before they can return. Thank you for adhering to our policy.
Next year Buckeye Local Schools will be offering before and/or after school care for students in grades Kindergarten through sixth grade here at the Elementary School. There will be an informational parent meeting on Thursday, February 6th from 6:00 - 7:00 pm at the Buckeye Elementary Cafeteria. Please click here for additional information regarding schedules and curriculum. You can also visit "Right at School's" website to register and sign up to receive news and information about upcoming events.
Unfortunately, due to the mandated school closure until the end of this school year, our kindergarten screening has been cancelled. If you have not already completed the online registration for your child to attend in the 2020-2021 school year, you will need to finalize this through our new student registration link. We will also need to have you send us the below registration documents.
***ONLINE REGISTRATION AND THE TURNING IN OF DOCUMENTS DOES NOT APPLY TO STUDENTS WHO WERE ATTENDING THE LITTLE BUCKS PRESCHOOL FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR***
Registration documents needed:
1) Photo identification of parent/legal guardian registering student. Acceptable forms of photo identification would be a state-issued driver's license, U.S. passport, or U.S. Military I.D.
2) Student’s Birth Certificate. The certificate has to be issued by the Department of Health, Office of Vital Statistics. A certificate issued by the hospital can not be accepted.
3) Student’s complete immunization record.
4) Proof of Residency: Acceptable proofs of residency include: a lease or mortgage agreement; a utility bill that is directly linked to your residence such as gas, water or electric (we cannot accept cell phone or cable bills); a homeowner's insurance policy bill or a tax bill from the Medina County Auditor's Office. If you do not lease or own the residence, you will need to complete a residency affidavit. This will need to be completed by the parent/guardian and owner of the property, must be notarized and submitted with a proof of residency which will include the owner's name and address. For a residency affidavit form, please click HERE.
5) Proof of Custody. If the student is not living with both natural or adoptive parents, a certificated copy of the most current court order establishing custody or guardianship from a Domestic Relations, Probate, or Juvenile Court or any other Court of competent jurisdiction which has issued an order regarding the custody of the child(ren) being registered is required.
6) Also, we will need to have the following medical forms completed and turned in prior to the beginning of school in August 2020. Forms that will need to be turned in include the health history form, the physical examination form and the oral assessment form.
*If you are registering your child to attend at Buckeye Local Schools but do not live in our district, you will also need to complete an open enrollment application.
WHO CAN REGISTER FOR KINDERGARTEN? Kindergarten registration is available for any student who will be 5 years of age (or older) by August 1, 2020.
The Safery Town Program for our incoming kindergarten students has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
March 30th ......................................Online learning begins (students are to remain at home)
May 28th...........................................End of 4th quarter/ last day for students
The following situations require a new transportation request form to be completed for your child:
The transportation request form must be completed by July 1, 2020 to guarantee transportation at the beginning of the school year.
Your username is your student ID (this is the same number as your child’s lunch code, and it is available in Progress Book, and in PayForIt) & your password is your student's birthday (MM/DD/YYYY). Please make sure to include the backslashes.
School fees for grades Kindergarten through 3rd grade are $50.00. You may send this in with your child or pay online via "PayForIt.net". If you pay with a check, please make it payable to "Buckeye Primary School". (All fees must be paid in order for report card to be sent home with your child.)
Lunch cost is $3.00; milk is $0.45.
If you plan on picking your child up after school, please send a note in with your child so their teacher and office staff are aware. The car rider placard's purpose is to help our staff identify which car the child is to get into - we still need to receive communication from you that your child will be picked up. If you are picking your child up on a permanent basis, we will accept a note covering the entire school year or a specific time period.
Per Board policy, photos of students within the classroom are not to be taken without the permission of the teacher. In addition to this policy, we request that photos not be published on any social media website.
Absences for students in the Primary Building can be reported by calling 330-722-8257 ext. 9203. If your child is sick or has an appointment, we ask that you call to report this by 9:30 AM.